Sunday 8 January 2012

Caramel Coconut slice

Sunday is my family day, my daughter and her husband and my gorgeous granddaughter come over for lunch every Sunday. Today I have decided we will have ham and cheese croissants and I have just put in the oven a yummy Caramel Coconut Slice. It is just like Jam coconut slice but with Caramel. Here is the recipe if you want to try it out.
Base:
1/2 cup of each of the following Plain flour, SR Flour, Coconut, and Castor Sugar. combine in a bowl and mix through with 100g melted butter.
Press into a base of a swiss roll pan and bake in moderate oven for 10 minutes until brown,
Filling:
in a bowl combine a can of condensed milk, 2 tablespoons golden syrup, 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar and 60g melted butter.
Topping:
in a bowl mix together 4 cups desiccated coconut, 2/3 cup castor sugar, and 4 eggs mix to combine.
after base has cooked for 10 minutes or until lightly browned cool slightly
pour caramel over the base and sprinkle with coconut topping.
bake in the over for 25 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. cool in pan.
I have found it is easy to clean the pan if you line it with baking paper. The caramel can bake onto the pan and be hard to get off. This is a photo of my granddaugher taken a little while ago.

Well off to tidy up a little before the family arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving a comment! I try to reply to most comments - if you are a blogger user, please make sure you have your email address set so that you're not a "no-reply" user.