Wednesday 4 January 2012

Finally taking the plunge

Hi everyone my name is Wendy I am a Long-arm Quilter, Patch-worker. My husband and I started our own long-arm quilting business here in Northern New South Wales last year. It has been a year of learning and practising, we volunteered to quilt some quilts for a local charity. This was a great experience for us, we learnt a lot about our machine which is a Gammill Optimum with a Statler Stitcher on it. After completing 12 for the local Hospital Mental Health Units charity
 and practising on a few of my own quilts it was time to get some paying customers. We have by the end of our first year had about 6 customers who have given us a try, I am pleased to say that they have all been return customers and so far we have completed a couple of quilts for each of them. 
I have also been sewing while I work full time, I get little time to do much sewing but I am enjoying sewing when ever I can.
I was commissioned to complete 4 single bed quilts for a customer, she wanted the same fabric used in each but each one a little bit different. I made these using my own pattern idea and the customer loved them.


This year I have completed some quilts that I haven't tried before. I completed a block of the month type quilt on a blog I was following the summer series blocks, I have to put them together, I learnt alot doing this quilt along.
I also tried the jelly roll quilt and did it my way. I completed the top of this quilt I call the tutu quilt.
I made and sold some simply baby quilts and I have just completed a beautiful black and white quilt that I love. I saw the idea on another page and thought I would try it myself and I just love it what do you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving a comment! I try to reply to most comments - if you are a blogger user, please make sure you have your email address set so that you're not a "no-reply" user.